Monday, August 14, 2006

Sour fish 5 - The Contest

The other evening we tried three popular brands of sour herring, all from different provinces. All cans were last years herring, which is usually preferred by fermentation connoisseurs. All brands were fine but our judgements differed. My own opinion was that Oskars and Hannells were very even in taste and Storö was a little bit behind.

But what will happen to our delicacy in the future? According to Jan Söderström, chairman of the fish salting industries in Norrland, interviewed in Dagens Industry on July 7, the catches of herring have been halved in two years. - Finnish trawlers fishing for mink food take all little fish, he said, preventing herring from growing up.

Comments:
I like steak and tatters myself.

I have enjoyed your blog it is not snotty and rude like the Brits.

Have a nice day and a BIG Howdy from Dallas, Fort Worth Texas.
 
Hello snipe
thanks for visiting my blog. No I wouldn't expect a Texan to eat sour fish. Barbecued ribs and black beans are fine, too...
 
You can not BBQ beans they fall thru the grill!
 
I read your profile. Do a lot of youngster things for a fella your age, I respect that.

I am 52 myself with 2 sons, 1 daughter,3 grandsons, 1 granddaughter.

Been sitting on my luarals for the last 2 years but hope to get on to a gas drilling rig here pretty quick. Death rate is high due to inexperienced kids, but it pays well.
 
Hi again snipe
well of course you would have to put the beans on the plate afterwards...
Actually on many of the festivals here, there are older people as well. Depends on who is playing of course. When John Fogerty of Creedence played, we were a lot of people in the fifties. I have two kids and sometimes they come too.
Hope you find a job, but take care!
Göran
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?