Wednesday, October 18, 2006



Norrland – the Photos

Radio P1 sent a program about the photo collection at Västerbotten’s Museum. Sune Jonsson and Bertil Ekholtz. Also several less known female photographers, Albertina Eriksson and others, who travelled much and took pictures for people in the villages.

Again, I think about my Yttervik pictures. One has a quite good story behind it. Axel and Elsie were hosting a meeting of the board of the Same Ätnam cultural Association, of which he was the secretary. After the meeting, the Sami deacon Arvid Kaddik found that he had locked his keys inside the car. So the whole board was engaged in helping him to break into his own car, here Axel in the front of the picture.

Then I realize that this happened more than 30 years ago, and now can be classified as history. So I guess I should contact the museum and contribute my pictures to their collection…

Then they started to play some jazz music in the radio program. Guess what? One of the Norrland tunes by Johan Norberg and Jonas Knutsson, I don't remember which one, maybe “Yttervik”….

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?